It sounds similar to this issue, where if you try to install from a .tar.gz source, the dependencies won't install from CRAN:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25017195/install-a-local-r-package-with-dependencies-from-cran-mirror

My recommendation would be to store the package on GitHub, and then use the `install_github()` function in the `devtools` package to install.

Best,
--
Hao Ye