Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we’ll have R Meetup every Tuesday 4 to 5:30pm at UF Informatics Institute. Come join us with your R questions and expertise!

From: UF R Users List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of "Millar,Justin J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, 7 September 2018 at 12:08 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Relaunch of UF R Meet Up!

Hello UF R Users,

We are excited to announce the relaunch of the UF R Meet Up for Fall 2018! If you have not heard of our group before, the UF R Meetup Up is a weekly informal meeting focused on R programming for all disciplines and levels of expertise. The meet up is totally free and anyone is welcome to join (including faculty, staff and non-UF affiliations). Check out more information on our website http://www.r-gators.com/.

To our returning R-GatorRs, please review the details below, as some things have changed from previous semesters:

New Location: We will be now be meeting at the UF Informatics Institute (UFII). UFII is located across from the Marston Science Library in the Turlington Plaza, look for the sign on the glass doors/window (https://osm.org/go/ZGYuRs6JQ--).

New Time: We will meet on Tuesdays from 4 to 5:30, unless otherwise announced.

New(ish) Format: We will primarily be running the “code clinic” component of the meet up during this time, so please come with questions about R and/or troublesome code for hand on help. We expect to be doing an Introduction to R Boot camp during the same time at least once this semester with the details forthcoming. Otherwise we (Ben, Shawn, and I) haven’t organized presentations/tutorials like we have in previous semester. Instead we are hoping that as a group we can come up with what topics and concepts we want to explore this semester.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to send me an email. I look forward to seeing you this semester!

Justin

Justin Millar

PhD Candidate | University of Florida

Forest Resources and Conservation | Emerging Pathogens Institute

[log in to unmask] | 248-229-8782 | 409 McCarty C

http://justinmillar.com/