Hao
Thanks for the structured query instructions . It does help, you have described setup and goals clearly.

At this time I am stuck at the right way to approach the step 3, which is for each selected image file copy it to the new subfolder. It would have been easier, if the absolute file path (in the metadata csv) would have been equal to the actual file path of the data stored. The metadata is a product of Camelot software, therefore actual image path is not equal to the /Users/Vratika/Library/Application Support/camelot/Media/ce/ceab3647-bc09-45a3-9505-c17d5166d446.jpg.

Additionally the image name in the folder where data is stored is not the same as the one generated by Camelot as camelot generated random unique file names (in bold above). And I can not trace the folder in my system (i.e. Application support<<Camelot). Sorry for the complicated query. To summarise:

1. I need help to figure out a way to copy selected image file using the metadata csv to specific location. I could have done that using file.copy command if I was able to trace the directory of the 'absolute file path’ on my computer.
2. The actual data is stored in /users/Vratika/Desktop/13_14 and this dir path is different that that in absolute path column of the metadata
3. I am unable to locate metadata dir in my computer

To make things easy I was able to solve the issue using CamtrapR but if you have any input on how to approach this using base R or for other similar issues, that will be helpful. I am not on campus otherwise I would have gone to one of the group meetings.

Thanks
Vratika