Hello guys,

I'm trying to create a sequence of number for each cow. The starting numbers are different by each. The final number is the same which is 305.  My questions are:

Question1. How can I create a sequence of number for each cows by loop?

E_table <- matrix(NA,nrow = nrow(sam_10tdw), ncol = 268, byrow = T)
for(i in 1:nrow(sam_10tdw)) {
  nE <- sam_10tdw[i,c(sam_10tdw$dimEW:305)]
  E_table[i,] <- nE
}

E_table <- matrix(NA,nrow = nrow(sam_10tdw), ncol = 268, byrow = T)
for(i in 1:nrow(sam_10tdw)) {
  nE <- seq(sam_10tdw$dimEW, 305, by = 1)
  E_table[i,] <- nE
}

These 2 codes didn't work. (using only "nE <- c(sam_10tdw$dimEW:305)" is work for 1 cow)

       Question2. How can I create matrix to store these sequences which have different columns for each cow. The shortest column length is 145 columns; the longest is 268 columns. I try to assign the longest columns, but not sure if it works as I stuck with an error from question 1.

Thanks for your help (Hopefully I wrote it clear enough),
Pornpamol