Hello UF R-Users,

The UF Carpentry Club is piloting a brand new curriculum, “Working with Geospatial Data in R”, on October 23 – 24. See information on the workshop below, and send me an email if you have any questions!

Justin Millar

PhD Candidate | University of Florida

Forest Resources and Conservation | Emerging Pathogens Institute

[log in to unmask] | 248-229-8782 | 409 McCarty C

http://justinmillar.com/

The UF Carpentries Club is piloting a brand new Data Carpentry Workshop on Geospatial Analysis in R. This new curriculum is focused on importing, analyzing, and visualization vector- and raster-format spatial data in the free, open-source program R. Have you ever needed to make maps but don’t have access to expensive proprietary software? Are you looking for a more reproducible approach to working with geospatial data? Come learn with us, and contribute to this new (and open) education resource.

There will be a two day workshop on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 23-24, 2018, hosted at the offices of Informatics Institute and Biodiversity Institute in the CSE Building.

For the schedule and more details about the workshop, visit https://uf-carpentry.github.io/2018-10-23-ufii-geospatial/.

Seats are limited to 24 and there is a $46 registration fee, payable by credit card, which will include lunch on both days. Please let us know if you need a vegetarian, gluten-free, or vegan meal on the registration form.

Registration is required. Please plan to attend the entire two days. Also please be aware that is will be the first time these lessons will have ever been taught. We will do our best to stick with the marked schedule, but please be prepared if lesson exceed the allotted time.

Click below to register.

REGISTRATION

If registration is full, you can be added to the Waitlist for the next scheduled workshop. Contact Justin Millar to have your name added to the list.

For further information, contact Justin Millar at [log in to unmask].

LOCATION:
Informatics Institute (UFII) & Biodiversity Institute (UFBI)
Room E251 CSE (Computer Science & Engineering Building)
432 Newell Drive
Gainesville, FL 32611