Hi everyone,

This week's R meetup will be on Wednesday (Feb 7; 4-6pm) at Marston science library Room 136. There will be no presentation for this R meetup. However, we'll still be around for the two hours and we invite everyone with R expertise or with R question/problem to hang out and we'll help each other out. We also love to hear from you about what types of analyses/projects are interesting for you.

For those of us who are interested in the basics of R and using R to explore and manipulate data, you are welcome to join us at the Data Carpentry workshop series on Thursday (Feb 8; 3-5pm) also at Marston science library Room 136. This week's we will talk about manipulating and analyzing data with dplyr. `dplyr` is one of the very popular R packages, because it makes data manipulation and summarisation in R easier and often more intuitive. The workshop series is held on every Thursday until March 1. Check the following webpage out for more information such as the learning material and schedule (https://ufrmeetup.github.io/2018-01-18-UF-R/).

Our website the group and the meetup is up at http://www.r-gators.com/. If you have any questions, suggestions and if you are interested in helping us out in the organization of this meetup, feel free to contact us (Justin: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Ben: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Shawn: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)! Also if you, or your friends or colleagues want to join the UF R User mailing list and keep up to date with our meetup and workshops and getting helps about R, sign up here (http://tinyurl.com/UFRUser).

Thank you.