Hi everyone,

I have a (large) dataset of tide level predictions that are in an interval of every five minutes, and I have a (large) dataset of bird observations with a date.time stamp. I am trying to see if there is a correlation with tide level and bird counts.

Issue: whenever I try to merge the two data frames by date.time using 'left_join', it LOOKS like it works, and the date.times seem to line up, but when comparing the tide levels to the original data set's tide levels at the same time stamp, it is very off (shifted by about 5 hours or so). I think it has something to do with the date.times, because when I converted both to numeric to compare, two of the seemingly identical times gave different numerical values and tide levels.

Any help is appreciated!

Steven