Dear Fellow Network Analysts,

Please consider submitting an abstract to our session on Tie Dormancy and
Reactivation. Here is a short blurb about the session:

Relationships change, and ties that were once significant sometimes fade or
disappear. Having once existed, however, these ties retain the potential to
re-emerge, mobilized like sleeper cells as circumstances or needs change.
The potential of these ties can be enormous - when reactivated, previously
dormant ties can offer benefits such as novel information and support. This
session focuses on two key aspects in the changes in social relationships:
becoming dormant and getting reactivated. The session organizers will
consider submissions relevant to: 1) the processes by which ties become
dormancy and reactivated; 2) measurement of dormancy; 3) costs and benefits
of tie-reactivation. (This list is not exhaustive).

We look forward to reading your abstracts and also seeing you at the
conference!

Best,

Chang Z. Lin

Ph.D. Candidate

Dept. of Sociology - University of Toronto