Dear Socnetters,

We kindly invite you to submit an abstract to the session “Multilevel Network Approaches in Organizational Research: Theory, Applications, and Methods” at the 38th Sunbelt Conference in Utrecht, June 26 - July 1.

Session Description:

The multilevel nature of organizations creates a complex ecosystem where individuals, groups, units, practices, and other organizations are entangled. Such entanglement shapes organizations in a dynamic way, and affects their outcomes at multiple levels. This session focuses on recent advances in modeling and understanding networks in and around organizations from a multilevel perspective. Possible examples of networks include, but are not limited to:

• Corporate networks

• Communities of practice networks

• Entrepreneurial networks

• Innovation networks

• Collaboration networks

• Investments networks

• Online networks

while a non-comprehensive list of perspectives is:

• Multilevel network analysis

• Multilevel analysis of networks

• Dynamics of Multilevel networks

• Diffusion processes in multilevel networks.

We welcome both theoretical and empirical contributions that address the various aspects and implications of the multilevel nature of networks, while we are also interested in methodological advances and software development in the area of multilevel networks.

Session Organizers:

• Spyros Angelopoulos, Tilburg University

• Francesca Pallotti, University of Greenwich

• Paola Zappa, National University of Ireland

Submission Details:

Abstracts for 20-minute presentations with up to 500 words can be submitted to: https://goo.gl/28DAaY

Please select: "Multilevel Network Approaches in Organizational Research: Theory, Applications, and Methods" from the list of sessions.

Submission deadline: 1st February 2018

Acceptance notification: Late March 2018

We wish you a happy 2018, and look forward to receiving your contributions!

Francesca, Paola and Spyros