CALL FOR PAPERS
XXXVIII Sunbelt Conference
Session “Power, Influence and Network Structures”
June 26-July 1, 2018 | Utrecht, Netherlands
Deadline for Abstracts: February 1, 2018 (23.59 hrs. CET time)

Dear SOCNETers,

Please, consider submitting your abstract to the Sunbelt 2018 session
"Power, Influence and Network Structures".

This session is organized in collaboration with IPSA Research Committee on
Political Power (IPSA RC36) to provide a room for a broad discussion on
opportunities and challenges of network analysis methods for political
power scholars. We encourage potential participants to introduce papers
that link theory to practice, propose systematic testing of theoretical
models with network data and demonstrate original network approaches to
analysis of diverse forms of power in changing conditions of domestic and
international politics. We aim to attract empirical papers that based on
different theoretical backgrounds (network-as-structure,
networks-as-actors) and concepts of power (power-as-control and
power-as-access, networking power, network power, networked power and
network-making power). We are especially interested in papers covering
topics connected to conceptualization and measures of power in networks, to
analysis of nodal positions and to different issues associated with
creation of indexes.

Submission Link: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sunbelt.sites.uu.nl_abstract-2Dsubmission_&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=fk5DkpdvHjRRynwLTJaDB0qffgOn4lZE9Ik-S9OFJ7U&s=fKfvkA-kHAWFKsE4NlMBqhYiXbwOHNUGIvl1xZqW5BE&e=

Looking forward to your contributions!

Best regards,
Alina V. Vladimirova

Vice-Chair
Research Committee on Political Power
International Political Science Association

Research Fellow
Center for South-East Asia, Australia, and Oceania
Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences