On Thu, 18 Jan 2018, Sebastian Stevens wrote:

> ***** To join INSNA, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIDCQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=3p0fzn7QW8W2-yNnzkL3nfaxFL72IlHh6OHTp7JchRA&s=AoL1cYUffpR64T-5-4cjWxPMM65bnghVTAnYrLEXbsk&e=  *****
>
> Dear Socnet colleagues,
>

> I have a query about multiplex ERGM¢s and I wonder if anyone can help me?
>

> I have two networks, one is a directed network of friendship ties where everyone in the network can send links. The
> second network is also a directed network, however only certain members of the network can send links. This second
> network is of individuals who nominate colleagues to provide them with feedback, however it is only individuals of a
> particular job role that can send these ties to nominate the colleagues.
>

> When using an ERGM, does it matter methodologically if ties can not be sent by all actors in the network?

Yes!

> If it does, is there any way of accounting for the inability of all
> actors not being able to send ties.

Yes! :)  You do this by using the "constraints" argument in an ergm call.

You can see the possible constraint options in the help:

?`constraints-ergm`

Given the structure you're trying to constrain, I think the
contstraints=fixedas(present,absent) is probably what you'll want to
implement.

best,
Martina

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Director, UWCFAR Sociobehavioral and Prevention Research Core
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:        (206) 685-3402
  Dept Office:   (206) 543-5882, 543-7237
  Fax:           (206) 685-7419

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__faculty.washington.edu_morrism_&d=DwIDCQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=3p0fzn7QW8W2-yNnzkL3nfaxFL72IlHh6OHTp7JchRA&s=lsUrRsjQS5dFVpk2vwG-xEomxiV3LkJHfh0fd5DtTa8&e=