Dear Socnetters,

please consider submitting an abstract for the session Sport and Networks at the XXXVIII Sunbelt Conference, June 26 - July 1, 2018 in Utrecht, The Netherlands.

Sport is a phenomenon that touches almost all members of society and can be viewed from very different angles. So far, only little work has been conducted on sport using a social  network perspective even though SNA might be used to explore many interaction processes of  and within sport teams: Intragroup relations of team members, game situations (e.g. passes)  as well as relations to opponents can give us fundamental insights in cooperation strategies of  sport teams. Athletes as well as clubs are interconnected with their environment and have  relations to other sport organizations, associations, sponsors, fans, governments or agents. SNA  can be applied to analyze these relations or enlighten managerial recruitment strategies and supply networks of sport actors. As sport research is an interdisciplinary area we like to address different disciplines that explore  and analyze ego networks, whole networks, two-mode networks or social capital with an empirical or theoretical emphasis.

Session Organizers:

Tom Töpfer, SOCIUM, University of Bremen

Raphael H. Heiberger, SOCIUM, University of Bremen

Submission Details:

Please submit your abstract (max. 500 words) for an oral presentation here: https://sunbelt.sites.uu.nl/abstract-submission/

When submitting your abstract, select the Organized Session title Sport and Networks.

The submission deadline is February 1, 2018.

We're looking foward to your contributions to our session.

Tom Töpfer & Raphael Heiberger
--
Tom Töpfer, Dipl. Soz.
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

AG Qualitative Methoden und Mikrosoziologie
Research Center on Inequality and Social Policy (SOCIUM)
Universität Bremen
Mary-Somerville-Str. 9, Raum 93100
28359 Bremen

+49 421 218-58516