Dear SOCNETers,

I kindly invite you to submit an abstract to the session “Prison Inmates" at the 2018 Sunbelt in Utrecht.

Incarceration represents a fairly extreme shock to one’s social network, straining ties to those outside the prison walls, while creating the opportunity to forge new relationships within prison. A network perspective can illuminate how these worlds are structured, how prisoners respond to incarceration, and the role of others during community reentry. We welcome a wide range of submissions focused on the networks of inmates, including former or future prisoners. Topics may include, but are not limited to: describing and explaining the structure of inmate networks, change in inmate networks over time, ties or communication between prisoners and those in the community, networks of released or soon-to-be-released inmates, and effects of prison network on outcomes in prison and post-release.

The submission deadline is February 1, 2018. Feel free to email me with questions.

Abstracts for 20-minute paper presentations with up to 500 words can be submitted here.

I look forward to your contributions!

Best,

David

David Schaefer