Dear Colleagues,

please consider submitting an abstract for the session Social Networks and Health Inequalities at the XXXVIII Sunbelt Conference, June 26 - July 1, 2018 in Utrecht, The Netherlands.

Our session discusses social networks as drivers, modifiers and outcomes of health inequalities. Contributions may address functional and structural characteristics of whole social networks as well as personal networks. The analytical  unit of interest may include individuals, groups or organizations. We are open to qualitative, quantitative, and theoretical contributions. Precedence will be given to novel and interdisciplinary theoretical or empirical work that combines perspectives from the social sciences within the medical field.

We aspire to address these questions:
- Which are useful theoretical models that offer explanations for the link between social networks and health?
- Does the role of social networks for health change over the life-course?
- What is the position of non-kin networks, perhaps also compared to kin-networks?
- What do we know about social networks of groups with different social or socio-economic status.
- How can current knowledge be translated into policy implications?

Session organizers:
Andreas Klärner, Thünen Institute of Rural Studies, Brunswick
Lea Ellwardt, University of Cologne
Markus Gamper, University of Cologne

Submission Details:

Please submit your abstract (max. 500 words) for an oral presentation here: https://sunbelt.sites.uu.nl/abstract-submission/

When submitting your abstract, select the Organized Session title Social Networks and Health Inequalities.

The submission deadline is February 1, 2018.

We're looking foward to your contributions to our session.

Andreas Klärner, Lea Ellwardt, Markus Gamper

--
PD Dr. Andreas Klärner
Institute of Rural Studies

Tel.: +49 (0)531 596 5223
Fax:  (+49) (0)531 596 5599
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
www.thuenen.de

The Johann Heinrich von Thünen Institute, Federal Research Institute
for Rural Areas, Forestry and Fisheries – Thünen Institute in brief
– consists of 14 specialized institutes that carry out research and
provide policy advice in the fields of economy, ecology and technology.