From: flmnh-aspidolist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Pawson, Dave
Sent: 26 February 2018 13:34
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Pretty picture!!!

Esteemed Colleagues,

Chuck Messing recently returned from a NOAA cruise in the Gulf of Mexico,
and he kindly sent me the attached beautiful image of Chiridota heheva
Pawson & Vance, 2004.

In an e-mail, Chuck noted "The data for the C. heheva pic is Dive 10, Green
Canyon Area, St. Tammany Basin, 27.04444148N, -9119010335 (that's N and W;
the spreadsheet I have does not give minutes), depth 1620.8 m; 12 Dec 2017.
The dive site was located near a proposed Flower Garden Banks National
Marine Sanctuary expansion zone, as well as a Habitat Area of Particular
Concern (HAPC) proposed by the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Council.  The photo
was taken in a large Bathymodiolus brooksi mussel bed near a methane seep
site and also included Neolithodes agassizi, Chaceon fenneri, C.
quinquedens, Munidopsis sp., Alvinocaris muricola, Polynoidae, ophiuroids,
Sclerolinum contortum, and amphipods."

"On such a full sea we are now afloat...."  Shakespeare.

Cheers, Doris and Dave.

David L. Pawson
Emeritus Senior Scientist,
National Museum of Natural History