The UF Florida Society of the Social Sciences (F3S) invites paper, poster, or workshops to be presented at the 13th Annual Conference of the Social Sciences (CSS). This day-long, interdisciplinary conference, themed Advancing Public Knowledge in a Changing Social Landscape, will be held at the University of Florida on Saturday, April 14, 2018.

We encourage you to distribute this call for submissions throughout your campus and regional networks to reach graduate and advanced undergraduate students who have an interest in presenting their research. Please see the call for submission included with this email.

For the past 13 years, the Florida Society of the Social Sciences (F3S) has strived to provide unique forum Florida’s students of the social and humanistic sciences scholars to engage with others around issues of social import and impact. The cornerstone of F3S’s efforts is the Annual Conference of the Social Sciences, where over one hundred graduate and undergraduate students come together to present and discuss their work with a broad audience that crosses disciplines, professions, origins, and walks of life.

We are excited to announce this year’s keynote speaker: Dr. Roberto G. Gonzales, Professor of Education at Harvard Graduate School of Education.

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO SUBMIT:

Please submit a 250-word abstract of your paper, poster, or workshop presentation at https://goo.gl/9GtaAV. The submission deadline is March 16, 2018.

The 13th Annual Conference of the Social Sciences will be made possible thanks to support of a growing group of campus partners, including UF Student Government, UF College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of Sociology and Criminology & Law, Center for the Humanities and the Public Sphere, and Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies Research, UF Office of Research, Department of History and the Center for Latin American Studies (http://f3s.soccrim.clas.ufl.edu/13th-annual-css-campus-partners/).

Please read the information provided below to guide you as you prepare a submission.

TYPES OF SUBMISSIONS:

We welcome papers or poster presentations from graduate (and advanced undergraduate) students in the humanities, social sciences, and interdisciplinary fields in the state of Florida. We also welcome workshop proposals that target these audiences.

1.       Formal Paper Sessions: These formal sessions include 15-minute presentations of forthcoming research. Presentations will be grouped thematically to form a complete session. A question and answer session will follow all presentations.

2.       Poster Sessions: Posters are appealing visual representations illustrating a research question, methods, and outcomes. Posters will be displayed during scheduled time slots and presenters will have the opportunity to discuss their research with conference attendees. All stages of work welcome.

3.       Workshops: Workshops are individual sessions with a focus on providing information and hands-on activities to students and early career scholars. We encourage workshop submissions focusing on professional development, community engagement, relevant technologies, etc.

If you have questions or concerns regarding the submission process, you can contact our Programs Chair, Montana Sewell, at [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,

The F3S Executive Team