At the University of Edinburgh, we are looking to recruit a social network researcher for an interdisciplinary study of teacher agency for change towards inclusive pedagogy. The post holder will be based in the School of Education and work with colleagues from Sociology and Data scientists. Familiarity with education setting will be an advantage, but we primarily seek to employ a candidate with strong methodological (mixed-method network analysis) skills from any social scientific background.

With apologies for cross-posting, please see the vacancy details at this link: http://edin.ac/2HE5hZg

For any questions please contact the PI, Natasa Pantic [log in to unmask]

Post-Doctoral Fellow in Social and Epistemic Network Analysis

The post holder will join Professor Lani Florian, and Dr Nataša Pantic in developing their work on Teachers as Agents of Change and Inclusive Pedagogy. The successful candidate will principally work on an interdisciplinary study of teacher agency addressing the complexity of inclusive pedagogy as situated practice. This project draws from education, sociology and learning analytics using new network analytic methods that permit analysis of teachers’ impact on a range of outcomes while retaining insight into their situated, relational practices. Specifically, the successful candidate will help develop and implement a research project that employs Social and Epistemic Network analysis to examine change in teachers’ beliefs and practices as they collaborate with families, colleagues and other professionals.

You will have a degree and post-graduate qualification in education or a relevant social science discipline and experience of a variety of research practices including organising and conducting research, analysing and managing complex data sets, conducting literature reviews and writing for publication.

Moray House School of Education is committed to the fair and equal treatment of all its employees and promotes diversity and gender equality among staff and students. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of gender or ethnic group. We particularly encourage applications from men and members of ethnic minorities, who are currently under-represented in posts at this level. All appointments will be made on merit.

This is a full-time post, 35 hours per week, fixed term for 12 months.
Salary: £32,548 - £38,833 per annum.

Closing date: 5pm (GMT) 21st March 2018.

--
Nataša Pantić
https://sites.google.com/site/natasapantic/profile