Dear all,

I have a theoretical question in need of empirical justification: Has anyone come across a paper that specifically mentions the density of supply networks as compared to other types of complex networks?

It seems intuitive to suggest that supply networks, by virtue of being directed and oftentimes involving exclusive suppliers, etc., exhibit lower density scores on average compared to other networks, but can you think of work where this has been tested? I couldn't find anything that addresses this question directly.

Thank you!

--

Jasmina Tacheva

Ph.D. Candidate

University at Buffalo, School of Management

Department of Operations Management and Strategy

326H Jacobs Management Center, Buffalo, NY 14260