It sounds exciting! Is there a salary schedule posted somewhere?
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]
EDU] On Behalf Of Annie E. Foster Ahmed
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:15 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Position Announcement: STEMM Coordinator - Universities @ Shady Grove, Rockville, MD
PLEASE SHARE WITH COLLEAGUES.
The Center for Academic Success (CAS) at the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) provides academic support to students. Through customized academic programs, CAS strives to empower all students to develop effective learning strategies, self-efficacy, persistence, and leadership. In addition to supporting the larger mission of CAS, that all students will have the skills and self-awareness to achieve their academic goals, the incumbent will be key in developing programmatic support for science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medical (STEMM) students at USG. Over the next five years, USG’s STEMM population will grow substantially, and the incumbent will be critical in supporting current STEMM initiatives as well as identifying and growing appropriate services for USG’s population of regional transfer and graduate students in these fields. The incumbent must possess a familiarity with teaching strategies, both for one-on-one and large and small group interventions, which actively engage students in the learning process and promote long-term learning. In particular, the STEMM Specialist should bring expertise in teaching and learning strategies specific to a variety of STEMM majors, including health professions, engineering, research statistics, and biological sciences. The STEMMSpecialist will also be responsible for designing and leading workshops and supervising peer leaders in student-led academic support programs.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience teaching or providing academic assistance in science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related fields.
- Working knowledge of SPSS or related analytical software.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, and/or Medicine, strongly preferred.
- Work with college level students, strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge in mathematics/science.
- Knowledge of teaching and learning strategies and resources that can be applied to a wide range of academic disciplines, but especially STEMM disciplines.
- Excellent teaching and motivational skills; ability work both one-on-one with students and with small groups, adapting to individual and diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of learning strategies and tutoring methodologies.
- Ability to take a collaborative approach in working with students, faculty, and colleagues to provide integrated services.
- Ability to assess, plan, organize, and deliver academic assistance activities to individuals and groups.
- Sensitivity to the unique experiences and background of diverse students, with varying levels of preparation and confidence.
- Knowledge of the use of technology in assisting and enhancing student learning.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, alumni and parents.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work flexibly, energetically and creatively in small, collaborative learning environment.
- Please attach a list of three references along with your cover letter and resume.
- This position will work with Graduate and Undergraduate students.
- This position may require some evening and weekend hours.
How to Apply:
Please visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/
Best Consideration Date: March 27, 2018
Closing Date: April 6, 2018
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to http://www.lists.ufl.edu/
archives/lrnasst-l.htmlTo contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask] ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ------------------------------ ---------------------------
*** NOTICE *** This message was sent from an external sender and did not originate from Coast Community College District. If you are unsure of the authenticity of the sender, DO NOT click any links or download any attachments. Instead, click on FORWARD and address to phishing