Here is a repost of the short promising practices article, ““Beyond Pro and Con: Re-thinking MOOCs” by William J. Barry, first published on March 8, 2016, on the Texas Developmental Education Professional Community Online (TX DEPCO):

http://depco.wp.txstate.edu/2016/03/08/beyond-pro-and-con-re-thinking-moocs-2/

In addition to an extensive list of journal articles and references, you can also find the following archived articles that highlight promising practices in the field of DE and college readiness:

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS ENDED

As of May, 2017, the Texas Developmental Education Professional Community Online no longer accepts submissions for the TX DEPCO blog of promising practices. We at the TX DEPCO would like to thank our contributors and readers for two successful years of publishing. We couldn’t have done it without you.

ABOUT

The TX DEPCO blog and social media presence are housed under the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Professional Development (PD) Program, managed by Texas State University’s Education Institute and funded by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The purpose of the TX DEPCO is to highlight promising practices in college readiness and to serve through social media as a resource-sharing archive and means of professional community-building. You can learn more about the TSI PD Program at http://www.tei.education.txstate.edu/TSI-PD/About-the-Grant.html.

If you have any questions, please contact the Grant Director, Ysabel Ramirez, at [log in to unmask], or the Principal Investigator, Dr. Emily Miller Payne, at [log in to unmask].

Sincerely,

Michael C. McConnell

Editor, Journal of College Academic Support Programs (J-CASP)

1505958532917_J-CASP_FINAL-LOGO.png