Hello from UMBC!

We offer voluntary first year seminars (3-credits, fulfilling general education requirements) and Introduction to an Honors University (1-credit add ons to general education courses).

Both are recommended to students in their first year, and research indicates that the programs help students be retained and succeed.  Having that peer group learning community and a caring faculty/staff member makes a big difference.

https://fye.umbc.edu/

Delana Gregg
Assistant Director, Learning Resources Center
Sherman 341, B-Wing
UMBC 1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
410.455.1875