Hello,

My colleague, Darin Jensen of Des Moines Area Community College, and I are conducting an IRB-approved survey of developmental educators' sense of professional engagement.  Developmental education includes (but is not limited to!) tutoring, advising/counseling, teaching of remedial courses, and placement testing.

We are hoping to get a range of perspectives in this work which will inform our understanding of the field as well as guide our continued service to the field.  (Emily is the Cultural Diversity Co-chair for the National Association for Developmental Education, and Darin runs Teacher-Scholar-Activist<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__teacher-2Dscholar-2Dactivist.org_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=84raHk1Z8cS9FikIYDHN1GFDE4mZiuTN6U46SOAQV50&s=dQHkmJSISqodDG_9ElntLoHzFd4Ey0-u5T7baLQDYi0&e=>, a grassroots, online community of practitioners sharing and celebrating in local moves of democratic action and humane values.)

Please consider taking this 18-question survey and sharing it with your colleagues:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__iu.co1.qualtrics.com_jfe_form_SV-5F3jAGqHUqpfOF0Xz-3F&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=yBiE514ByeBuT9iMcmLL81H9l3w_eWJJCNWWYb5qET4&m=84raHk1Z8cS9FikIYDHN1GFDE4mZiuTN6U46SOAQV50&s=hCoAjQGLKkvrc7TnxQIKvZEuENLjFErItfsBE7AmwAk&e=

 Respectfully and with thanks for the important work you do,

Emily

Emily Suh, Ph.D.
School of Education-English as a Second/New Language
(812)941-2603
Indiana University Southeast
001 Hillside Hall
4201 Grant Line Road