Hello,

My colleague, Darin Jensen of Des Moines Area Community College, and I are conducting an IRB-approved survey of developmental educators' sense of professional engagement.  Developmental education includes (but is not limited to!) tutoring, advising/counseling, teaching of remedial courses, and placement testing.

We are hoping to get a range of perspectives in this work which will inform our understanding of the field as well as guide our continued service to the field.  (Emily is the Cultural Diversity Co-chair for the National Association for Developmental Education, and Darin runs Teacher-Scholar-Activist, a grassroots, online community of practitioners sharing and celebrating in local moves of democratic action and humane values.)

Please consider taking this 18-question survey and sharing it with your colleagues:

https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3jAGqHUqpfOF0Xz

 Respectfully and with thanks for the important work you do,

Emily

Emily Suh, Ph.D.
School of Education-English as a Second/New Language
(812)941-2603
Indiana University Southeast
001 Hillside Hall
4201 Grant Line Road