We have stopped offering workshops as students are more inclined towards "just in time" experiences rather than "just in case" opportunities.  That being said though, if several students express an interest in a specific topic we will work with them as a small group. I think the difference here has more to do with the students' perceived value in planning ahead versus managing their most pressing needs (largely because they didn't plan ahead!).

Also instead of long, formal workshops we have created a series of 3-5 minute video mini-workshops on key campus topics (registration, add/drop, distribution requirements, final exams, etc.) that students can access on demand through our website.

Roberta

Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675
fax: 781-283-3709
CRLA Certifications Director