I think students respond more to personal suggestions from instructors and advisors than they do mass emails telling them about services.  We still send out the mass emails to explain services, but I don’t think there’s a big return on that.  It’s just like getting an ad in the mail—most are ignored.  I would think about ways to get advocates for your center in places where they talk to students.

Good luck!  Karla

Karla Sanders, Ph.D., Executive Director

Center for Academic Support & Assessment

Eastern Illinois University

600 Lincoln Ave.

Charleston, IL  61920

217-581-6056