One tip is I usually put the course in the subject line like so:

MATH101: Tutoring Available

This usually helps.

If the number of students is under 2,000 you should try sending the message through MailChimp to get actual metrics of how many students read and click within the email compared to those who do not. I think that may inform you a bit more as to whether students are actually reading through the email or just skipping it all together.

-Don't forget to learn.
William G. Hardaway
Academic Support Coordinator
PH: 559.278.3052
SM: @whardaway
Tutoring Schedule: http://bit.ly/tutsched
Tutoring Infographic: http://bit.ly/fstutinfograph

Ideation || Restorative || Relator || Learner || Belief