Take a look at Saundra McGuire's Teach Yourself How to Learn: Strategies You Can Use to Ace Any Course at Any Level (2018).  Just came out and is a wonderful follow-up to her Teach Students How to Learn: Strategies You Can Incorporate Into Any Course to Improve Student Metacognition, Study Skills, and Motivation.

Cheers,
Kathy

--
Kathy Evertz, Ph.D.