From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Julie A. Hall
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 12:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Location for Peer Tutors

Good Morning,

Historically, in our center, which is located in our university library, we have assigned student peer tutors a specific room to hold their appointment. Every room has a white board, access to a computer and a minimum of 4 chairs, which allows for small group appointments in a private atmosphere.  Now 3 years into my tenure, our peer tutoring program is growing fast and we're increasingly running out of space.  In addition, our center also closes at 8:00pm and I'm contemplating changes for fall with the policy around peer tutoring and when appointments can be made as we're planning on transitioning to the WC Online platform.

Here's my questions:
1. Where do your tutors host their sessions?   How are they arranged?
2. Do your tutors work beyond the hours of your main office?   If yes, how do you manage it?,
4. Do your peer tutors work in multiple buildings? (we are a small school with no satellite offices)

I appreciate your help as I want to think outside of our norm and sometimes the easiest solutions escape me.

Have a great day and thank you in advance for your responses.

Julie A. Hall
Director, Academic Support Center
Aurora University
347 S. Gladstone Avenue, Aurora, Illinois 60506
Academic Support Center (630) 844-5520
Testing Services (630) 844-6871
Disability Resources (630) 844-4225

Discover What Matters. And Build Your Life Around It.