Hi Kelly,

How are your tutors paid? Do you have a specific budget that is used? Our no-show rate is fairly low. The $5 they pay is included in their tuition. With minimum wage going up and the amount of training involved- we are thinking of raising the fee.

Thanks for your response!

Heidi

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Askey, Kelly L.
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2018 12:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: How are tutors paid?

We do not charge a registration fee, nor do students pay a fee for tutoring sessions… peer tutoring services are free. We do have a lot of students sign up for peer tutoring, but then not show up. (When a student signs up, they are scheduled with a peer tutor for two one-hour sessions a week.) Does charging a registration fee translates into fewer no-shows?

Thanks,

Kelly Askey Lodes

Acting Manager

Peer/Group Tutoring Supervisor