Hi Heidi,
We pay our tutors out of a line specifically for temporary employees.  They are paid $13/hour (was increased to this before my tenure here) and they are paid for the appointment hours they are scheduled with a student, the walk-in hours they work, and for training time they are required to attend above and beyond the 2 credit hour course they must take to become a tutor (they do not get paid for the credited course time).

This is a completely free service and they only funding we receive is for EOP students who are tutored as well as any NSF or STEM initiated grants that we may have in play (we have one for certain stem subjects only at present).

There is no fee included in the tuition or anywhere else, is is provided as a service that is included in our services.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Krauss, M.S.M. | Director, Office of Learning Services

SUNY Oswego | 175 Marano Campus Center | Oswego, NY 13126 | 315.312.4903 (office)

315.312.2571 (Front Desk) | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]

      P please consider the environment before printing.

Maximizer | Adaptability | Relator | Input Intellection

“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” Martin Luther King, Jr.