Hi All,
We are going to start a pilot of online tutoring in the fall and I would also like to hear any insight on how other schools have done it. Our plan is to have online tutoring just for writing and a select math course for the fall to see how things go. We are looking into using Bb collaborate as our platform. We initially considered using skype, but since we do have collaborate, we thought we should use what we have and lessen the potential for issues with connectivity.

Another aspect of the pilot is that we will only be serving students at our branch campus in Syracuse, therefore, there will be no one using the service from their own computers initially.

Any advice or input would be appreciated - thanks and happy Wednesday!

Regards,

Pat

Pat Krauss, M.S.M. | Director, Office of Learning Services

SUNY Oswego | 175 Marano Campus Center | Oswego, NY 13126 | 315.312.4903 (office)

315.312.2571 (Front Desk) | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]

      P please consider the environment before printing.

Maximizer | Adaptability | Relator | Input Intellection

“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.” Martin Luther King, Jr.