Pat,

We use Bb collaborate ultra for our virtual tutoring sessions.  We also use Canvas as our LMS so we have created a Tutoring Virtual Room course we enroll students in who schedule virtual tutoring appointments.  Our Bb collaborate is then housed within the canvas course so students can easily navigate to their virtual sessions.  We have multiple campus locations so we have set up a virtual tutor email address where students can ask for appointments and then I schedule their virtual session.  I really like collaborate ultra because I can create each session for each student and then view reports for that session later to help us track our virtual sessions.  Plus, some of our hybrid courses use blackboard so we thought some students might already be familiar with this platform.  We do let students connect virtually with tutors from our site locations, their work, their home, or wherever they have reliable internet.  The only issue we have run into is students not having a good enough internet connection to stay logged into Bb collaborate if they are trying to connect off campus.

Thanks,

Jill

Jill Gosseen

Coordinator of the Library and Academic Resource Center

Moberly Area Community College

101 College Avenue

Moberly, MO  65270

660-263-4100 x 11310