Dear SocNet,

I am a recent arrival here and thought this would be a great place to
get some suggestions for literature/researchers.

As a part of the VOX-Pol research network, we are organising a
workshop looking at the uses of computational and data analysis
methods (so-called “terrorism informatics”) in detecting violent
extremist content online. We are especially interested in researchers
working with methods such as data mining, data integration, social
network analysis (SNA), dynamic network analysis (DNA), sentiment
analysis, and image and video processing to do this.

We are having some challenges in finding researchers and/or literature
that have focused *critically* on especially the use of methods in
social network analysis (SNA) or dynamic network analysis (DNA) for
this purpose.  Would any of you good people here have leads on
literature, researchers or organisations who have focused especially
on the critical analysis of techniques and methods in SNA or DNA for
this purpose?

I am looking for more specific suggestions here than the broader topic
of ethics of algorithms, which already has a great pool of literature
I can draw from.

All help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Dr. Matti Pohjonen
Researcher
VOX-Pol Network of Excellence*

*The VOX-Pol Network of Excellence (NoE) is a European Union Framework
Programme 7 (FP7)-funded academic research network focused on
researching the prevalence, contours, functions, and impacts of
Violent Online Political Extremism and responses to it.