Apologies for cross-posting!

[ICSLOGONEW2017kleiner.fw]

Full PhD positions at ICS

Dear Colleague,

We turn to you because we believe you might know excellent graduates in one of the social sciences for whom we have the unique opportunity to obtain a full four-year position in our PhD program for year group 2018.

The recruitment and selection procedure for these full PhD positions starts at April 5th, 2018, with advertisements on Academic transfer and on the ICS website<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ics-2Dgraduateschool.nl_&d=DwIGaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=9SoJDcbMXIj7rNSw5XaZzvWig936tk1x46PU8mgvMxU&s=sQRw52h8CePS4PmdltXYa_VF3yi7sdr-6pPZFrgXy8U&e=>.

The Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology (ICS) is an institute for postgraduate studies of the Universities of Groningen, Utrecht, Nijmegen and Amsterdam (UvA), in the Netherlands. The ICS offers a postgraduate program for a small selection of excellent graduates in one of the social and behavioral sciences (including economics, history, mathematics or computer sciences). The structured program consists of training in advanced theory construction and research methods by means of courses, tutorials, and individual study. Supervision and monitoring are intense: each PhD student is supported by a personal supervision team and meetings on a regular basis. After four years, our PhD students will have finished their dissertation and will be well-prepared to enter the growing market for highly trained researchers in the social sciences.

Training and thesis supervision are in English. As the ICS is a joint venture of the universities of Groningen, Utrecht, Nijmegen and Amsterdam (UvA), PhD students reside either in Utrecht, Groningen, Nijmegen, or Amsterdam. Course locations alternate between Groningen, Utrecht, Nijmegen, and Amsterdam, with PhD students commuting during the period of each course.

We offer, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, a salary of

€ 2.222 gross per month in the first year up to € 2.840 gross per month in the fourth year based on a full-time position. Tuition fees do not apply.

We would like to ask you to search in your own network for recent graduates who might be interested and who are highly qualified.

General information on the ICS and the structure of the program<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ics-2Dgraduateschool.nl_phd-2Dprogram_general-2Dinformation_&d=DwIGaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=9SoJDcbMXIj7rNSw5XaZzvWig936tk1x46PU8mgvMxU&s=Bp5HVgg4oPqN3wC45srJwDpgO8tzSIQSGGSPsqy2238&e=> can be found on the ICS-website.

Information on the available PhD positions can be found on:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ics-2Dgraduateschool.nl_vacancies_&d=DwIGaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=9SoJDcbMXIj7rNSw5XaZzvWig936tk1x46PU8mgvMxU&s=nNhdDZNl_Rqw3uWpBHjvdiw4V3iehIjp39yTQfLREnE&e=

Further information, if necessary, can be obtained via [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Applications, online only through the ICS website<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ics-2Dgraduateschool.nl_&d=DwIGaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=9SoJDcbMXIj7rNSw5XaZzvWig936tk1x46PU8mgvMxU&s=sQRw52h8CePS4PmdltXYa_VF3yi7sdr-6pPZFrgXy8U&e=>, can be submitted until May 14th, 2018.
Interviews will be conducted on June 4th and June 5th, 2018.

Please note that skype interviews on May 23th 2018 could be part of the selection procedure.

We very much appreciate your interest and cooperation,

René Veenstra
Scientific Director ICS