Hi Matti,
   Lisa Kaati's group at FOI (the research division of the Swedish defence
agency) works a lot with this. However, it's not academia, so they are not
so focused on publishing - and maybe they cannot even publish about
everything they do... :) You can contact her.

Some conferences you may check are the European Intelligence and Security
Informatics conference, and FOSINT (Foundations of open source intelligence
and Security Informatics).