***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi, Matti!

I am affiliated with the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START Center) at the University of Maryland. We’ve done some work here in how social media is used in the aftermath of terror attacks [1]. There’s also the Brookings Institute’s “ISIS Twitter Census” [2].

I’m happy to try and answer questions about some of this! Glad to see other researchers are interested in this area! :)

-All the best,
Cody Buntain

[1] C. Buntain, J. Golbeck, B. Liu, and G. LaFree, “Evaluating Public Response to the Boston Marathon Bombing and Other Acts of Terrorism through Twitter,” in International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media, 2016.
[2] B. J. M. Berger and J. Morgan, “The ISIS Twitter Census,” 2015. https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/isis_twitter_census_berger_morgan.pdf
Cody Buntain, PhD
Postdoc, @UMD
Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Fellow