The Crockett Lab at Yale University invites applications for a full-time Research Technician position to begin in late summer/fall 2018 (start date flexible). We will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue until the position is filled. We are looking for applicants interested in applying a computational approach to studying human morality, emotion, and decision-making and its neural basis. Our lab uses a range of methods including computational modeling, functional brain imaging and behavioral experiments online, in the lab and the field. Some of our current projects are investigating how social media impacts moral emotions and political behavior; the cognitive and neural mechanisms of dishonesty, hypocrisy, trust, and social influence; and social cognition in mental health disorders.

The Research Technician will contribute to all aspects of our lab’s research, including (1) programming experiments and collecting data for behavioral, online and fMRI studies; (2) analyzing data using practices geared toward fully reproducible science (e.g. GitHub, OSF); (3) developing secure databases for storing behavioral data, neuroimaging data, and big datasets scraped from social media; and (4) general lab computing support. The position is an excellent opportunity to gain multidisciplinary research experience tackling some of society’s most pressing problems, including incivility, disinformation, political polarization, and mental illness. The ideal candidate will be interested in ultimately pursuing graduate study in psychology, neuroscience, data science, or a related field, and will be able to make a two-year commitment.

Details of the position and application can be found here: http://www.crockettlab.org/join-us

M.J. Crockett
Department of Psychology
Yale University