The 28th ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2018)
Co-located with ACM MMSys 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
NOSSDAV 2018, the 28th ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video, will be co-located with ACM MMSys 2018, which will be held during in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. As in previous years, the workshop will continue to focus on both established and emerging research topics, high-risk high-return ideas and proposals, and future research directions in multimedia networking and systems, in a single-track format the encourages active participation and discussions among academic and industry researchers and practitioners. Out-of-the-box ideas are particularly welcome.
The workshop seeks papers in all areas of multimedia networking and systems. Authors are especially encouraged to submit papers with real-world experimental results and real data sets. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following.
· Applications for social media and networks
· Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)
· Energy-aware and green computing
· Media streaming, distribution and storage
· Mobile, cloud, and peer-to-peer systems
· Multi-core and many-core systems
· Health care and quality of life
· Multimedia communications
· Multimedia data analytics and visualization
· Networked games
· Networked GPUs, graphics, and virtual environments
· Real-time immersive systems
· System security
· Visual search
· Web 2.0 systems and social networks
· Wireless networks and embedded systems for multimedia applications
· Systems for computer vision applications
· Machine learning for multimedia systems
DASH-IF Prizes: DASH-IF will offer prizes to best papers related to DASH-IF activities in ACM Multimedia Systems Conference and all co-located workshops, including NOSSDAV.
Workshop Chair Hill
Ketan Mayer-Patel, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Workshop TPC Chairs
Chuan Wu, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Nabil J. Sarhan, Wayne State University, Detroit, USA
Submitted papers must be original and should not be currently under review for any other publication. Submissions should be prepared in the ACM style, written in English, and no longer than six pages in PDF format. Authors must prepare their papers in a way that preserves the anonymity of the authors. Please do NOT include the author names under the title. Authors of accepted papers must present their papers at NOSSDAV 2018 in person. The Proceedings of NOSSADAV 2018 will be published by ACM and distributed at the workshop electronically, and will also be included in the ACM Digital Library.
Online submission: https://submissions.mmsys2018.