Call for Papers – Theme “People, Planet Progress: Business Ethics for a Global Society” with a focus on the SDGs.  Deadline for Submissions is April 1st

25th Annual International Vincentian Business Ethics Conference (IVBEC)

Hosted by the Center for Global Business Stewardship at the Peter J. Tobin College of Business, St. John’s University, DePaul University and Niagara University

25th October  -  27th October 2018

Conference Venue: New York Marriott Downtown, NYC

Paper Abstracts/Proposals due April 1st, 2018

The Center for Global Business Stewardship at the Peter J. Tobin College of Business, St. John’s University will host the International Vincentian Business Ethics Conference (IVBEC) in 2018. This conference attracts leading academics to examine, discuss and develop the role of Business Ethics in economic, political, corporate and social life today.  The Call for Papers is attached, and we invite you to visit our website for more conference details at https://ivbec.weebly.com

The theme of the IVBEC 2018 conference, People, Planet, Progress: Business Ethics for a Global Society, addresses topics in all areas of business and professional ethics, with a focus on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) developed by the United Nations in 2015. Keynote addresses by UN and business leaders, panel sessions, academic paper sessions, and paper development workshops will be used to spur discussion amongst conference participants on ethics and ethical decision making in business. The conference will feature work that highlights the progress made in achieving global development goals and the challenges that remain in institutionalizing them.

Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of IVBEC is a great opportunity to take stock of our progress for guidance, and to look to the future for innovative solutions to business and society’s most pressing ethical dilemmas. We encourage proposals from academics, business professionals and young scholars that relate to the role that ethical business plays in the implementation and integration of the SDGs in the organizational ethos, and that move us toward a better understanding of targets, measurement and ethical adjustment in our policies and processes.

We hope that this opportunity to bring together scholars and practitioners in a forum for discussion about the critical business ethics challenges we all face will motivate collaboration between the education and business sectors needed to model responsible leadership with positive social impact.

Linda M. Sama, PhD
Co-Chair, IVBEC 2018 Committee