*Reminder*

Dear colleagues

Please circulate widely

We are appointing a University of Manchester Presidential Academic Fellowship in Social Networks, to be affiliated with the Mitchell Centre for SNA. CLOSING DATE 3/4/2018

Further details:

https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/brightestminds/displayjob.aspx?jobid=14718

https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=14716

For initial enquiries please contact [log in to unmask]

Details:

In addition to a good salary for the duration of your Fellowship, you’ll receive several thousand pounds per annum for research support costs and access to key technology platforms. Your time during this award will be initially dedicated to research, with no or minimal teaching in the first year, and minimal teaching in the second year.  Thereafter teaching would increase with each subsequent year of the fellowship.  You can look forward to mentoring and assistance in winning external funding and awards.

As a Presidential Academic Fellow, you will be part of a centre of excellence in the application of network methods and models to sociologically current and relevant networks in online contexts, such as social media. The Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis is a cross-disciplinary research group which aims to be a world leading centre in the development and application of social network analysis techniques. Our expertise spans online methods of data gathering and retrieval as well as (graph-theoretical and statistical) methods of analysis.

To join us, you will need a relevant PhD or equivalent qualification. You’ll bring to the role a sustained record of publication output. Crucially, you will demonstrate the ability to develop a coherent world-leading research programme, with new concepts and ideas to extend intellectual understanding. You have what it takes to organise resources and deliver results to deadlines. Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills also equip you to build a team, and to inspire and engage students. The determination to win your own funding will be key to your success.

We are looking forward to welcome you in our team!

Best

Elisa Bellotti

Senior Lecturer

Sociology Programme Director

Department of Sociology

and

Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis

http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/research/research-centres-and-networks/mitchell-centre/

University of Manchester

Arthur Lewis Building

Room 3.029