Good morning –

As some of you may be aware, there is a Social Network Analysis Topical Interest Group (TIG) within the American Evaluation Association. As the new Program Chair of the TIG, I wanted to start efforts to build more interactions between the network and evaluation communities. For anyone who is already using network methods in evaluation work, I want to draw your attention to the upcoming deadline for presentation, panel, and poster submissions to Evaluation 2018: Speaking Truth to Power, the annual AEA conference.  All submissions are due by 11:59pm ET on March 15th, and I wanted to encourage people to submit proposals to the SNA TIG!

We’re really excited about trying to enhance the rigor of network data collection and analysis within the field of program evaluation, and are hopeful that we can continue efforts to bridge these often disparate fields.  If I can do it, I’m confident many of you can as well!

Anyway, I just wanted to give a heads up to the listserv about our existence.  Feel free to send me any questions!  Thanks, and have a great weekend!

Gregory

Gregory Phillips II, PhD, MS

Assistant Professor

   Department of Medical Social Sciences

   Department of Preventive Medicine

Director, Evaluation, Data Integration, and Technical Assistance (EDIT) Program

Institute for Sexual and Gender Minority Health and Wellbeing

Northwestern University

625 N. Michigan Ave. #14-043

Chicago, IL 60611

312.503.3447