WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal government censored, withheld or said it
couldn't find records sought by citizens, journalists and others more often
last year than at any point in the past decade, according to an Associated
Press analysis of new data.

The calculations cover eight months under President Donald Trump, the first
hints about how his administration complies with the Freedom of Information
Act.

The surge of people who sought records but ended up empty-handed was driven
by the government saying more than ever it could not find a single page of
requested files and asserting in other cases that it would be illegal under
U.S. laws to release the information.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2FFJQFJ&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=JKFZu3uhMvwn-97CGQMdOz5w_u84DfS0eGg_Hgkbbqo&s=pjEsCFwpKMyZjBcNU1ktYela7aXtxLM1YwtBa3X7Xfg&e=
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2FFJQFJ-2B&d=DwIFaQ&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=JKFZu3uhMvwn-97CGQMdOz5w_u84DfS0eGg_Hgkbbqo&s=m_LCoaj07Hbh0ZTr-DHlXM7dR9U83GBhWxCqOhQM5TQ&e=

--
Peterk
Dallas, Tx