***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Dear All,

Here is an opportunity to do a funded PhD at the University of Glasgow as part of the ESRC’s AQM (Advanced Quantitative Methods) scheme.

The deadline is close: 30th April 2018 - please contact me by email if you are interested.

Patrick Bayer and I will co-supervise. Patrick on Strategic Estimation and the substantive background, and me on Relational Event Models.

For more details and eligibility, please follow the link below - after the general summary of the topic in the paragraph below.

Cheers,

Mark.

====

Existing statistical approaches ignore the strategic and relational contexts in which specific agreements are made; they only consider a government’s current choice, independent of how their own choice affects future behaviour by others (strategic context) and what to learn from historic ratifications (relational context). This PhD project hence proposes to assess, both substantively and statistically, the relative merits of two advanced quantitative methods: Strategic Estimation and the Relational Event Model (REM) to investigate international agreement-making to better understand the nature of government choice over time.

https://www.gla.ac.uk/colleges/socialsciences/studentfundingopportunities/postgraduateresearch/#d.en.571455

====

Mark Tranmer
Professor of Quantitative Social Science
Room 1201, Adam Smith Building
School of Social & Political Sciences
University of Glasgow
G12 8RT
0141 330 3144

Subscribe to the GQMG mailing list:

University of Glasgow: The Times Scottish University of the Year 2018