Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:00:06 +0200
From: VAN METER Karl <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [bms-rc33] Call - Journal of Historical Network Research (JHNR)

Thanks to Martin Stark & [log in to unmask]

Deadline: 1 May 2018

CfP for the second Issue of the Journal of Historical Network Research (JHNR)

The Journal of Historical Network Research (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jhnr.uni.lu_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Aaw3I2lB_niqPdMK6h8E47zGgb7zyqvA4Q-DikIdbyw&s=7gaQtz95TLE9OPq_wQ3-a8AMHa5xqEZ8sTN9C-EDZlc&e=)
publishes outstanding and original research applying the theories and
methodologies of social network analysis to historical research. The
peer-reviewed journal seeks to advance the epistemological and
theoretical understanding of social network analysis in the historical,
social and political sciences, and promotes empirical research on
historical social interactions.

The journal serves as a meeting place for the traditional hermeneutics
of historical research and its concomitant emphasis on contextualisation
and historical source criticism (as present in traditional academic
historical journals) on the one hand, and the theory-heavy and/or
sometimes overly technical discussion of methodological and
technological issues (which predominates in publications focused on
"pure" social network research) on the other. The journal aims to
promote the interplay between different areas of historical research (in
the broadest sense), social and political sciences, and different
research traditions and disciplines, while strengthening the dialogue
between network research and "traditional" historical research. All
contents are made available free of charge to readers and authors
following Open Access principles.

Submissions for the second issue of the journal

We are seeking proposals for papers to be published in the second issue
of the Journal of Historical Network Research, which will appear in the
autumn of 2018.

The Editorial Board welcomes proposals for papers centred on historical
networks of any period of the recorded human past, from Bronze Age
civilisation to contemporary history.

In order to support the dissemination of the principles of reproducible
research and to foster a new and transparent culture of discussion in
network research in general, we encourage authors to provide their code
and data sets in addition to the manuscripts for publication. We also
encourage the submission of book reviews on relevant recent literature
and articles, which introduce and discuss relevant and innovative
digital tools for network research or interesting new databases and data
sources.

Articles can be submitted in English, German or French.

All articles (but especially those articles written in a language other
than English) should be accompanied by an English-language abstract of
no more than 300 words which contains the salient points and arguments.

Papers should also be indexed with no more than 5 keywords.

Please follow the Author Guidelines and use the provided Word template
to ensure that your paper is formatted correctly.

Articles for the second volume should be submitted via the journal
homepage ( https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jhnr.uni.lu_index.php_jhnr_about_submissions&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Aaw3I2lB_niqPdMK6h8E47zGgb7zyqvA4Q-DikIdbyw&s=rCuG2SArXSMiEnIa_FM7qipReF2wsBa_mtyVkmKm3Qo&e=) by May
1th 2018.

Authors will be notified of acceptance as soon as possible.

Please direct any questions you may have to the editors at

For further information on Historical Network Research in general, we
would advise you to visit www.historicalnetworkresearch.org [1].

The editors,
Christian Rollinger, Marten Düring, Robert Gramsch-Stehfest & Martin
Stark

Links:

[1] https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.historicalnetworkresearch.org&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Aaw3I2lB_niqPdMK6h8E47zGgb7zyqvA4Q-DikIdbyw&s=fouvXxs6lX3o1F8kgFXnJzrzWk4PcqeQe0s99S06kn4&e=

>> Consider submitting your methodologically interesting articles to the BMS <<
       >> Soumettez vos articles méthodologiquement intéressants au BMS <<
*
* Karl M. van Meter              BMS, Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique
* [log in to unmask]           (Bulletin of Sociological Methodology)
* tel 33 (0)1 43 25 26 57        Web https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__journals.sagepub.com_home_bms&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Aaw3I2lB_niqPdMK6h8E47zGgb7zyqvA4Q-DikIdbyw&s=XhFplQI3Rv3fBE04MrqqCchNB4ADJqal4aMyUvuXC-E&e=
*                                Blog https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__karlvanmeter.wordpress.com_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Aaw3I2lB_niqPdMK6h8E47zGgb7zyqvA4Q-DikIdbyw&s=KrDkHXf3_6rrg8I_aoTsPlOFSyBA-gFdPkXAI6YRcrY&e=
* Ecole normale supérieure       distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 48 boulevard Jourdan           free distribution list [log in to unmask]
* 75014 Paris, France
*                                RC33, Research Committee Logic &
* BMS-AIMS                       Methodology of the International
* 45 rue Linné                   Sociological Association (ISA)
* 75005 Paris, France            https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.rc33.org_&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Aaw3I2lB_niqPdMK6h8E47zGgb7zyqvA4Q-DikIdbyw&s=kElMbk3AVt0RdKf3yuRfir40rpMxvzEwIEVAIT-3KWo&e=
*
*                   https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ens.academia.edu_KarlMvanMeter&d=DwIFAw&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=uXI5O6HThk1ULkPyaT6h2Ws3RKNKSY__GQ4DuS9UHhs&m=Aaw3I2lB_niqPdMK6h8E47zGgb7zyqvA4Q-DikIdbyw&s=j75bppsNmf4RnaOlxGAcljgoyrzQxHAqxuECa4p-raE&e=