***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
Sponsored by: IBM ICACON
The 2018 IBM ICACON Student Paper Competition sponsored by IBM will recognize outstanding papers in the field of Cloud Computing in Education written by student(s). Selected papers will be considered for the competition and must be presented at the 2018 IBM ICACON Conference at The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo, Japan. The paper will be judged based on the technical content and presentation on the conference dates. Winners will receive award certificates. The winning awards will be given at the 2018 IBM ICACON conference awards event on conference dates, May 24-26, 2018.
· Short paper (up to 3 pages long) of undergraduate student submission.
· The student(s) must be the ‘first author’.
· The submission can be a course projects, co-op/internship findings, or research projects done at the academic institution.
· The work should primarily done by the student(s) under the supervision of an advisor or a faculty member.
· If the work has received a supervision, then the advisor(s) may appear as co-author on the paper.
· The paper must be presented at the IBM ICACON Conference in Tokyo, Japan between May 24-26, 2018.
· The considered paper for competition expect to have a student paper registration.
Important Dates and Guidelines:
· Submission Deadline: April 15th, 2018
· Notification of Paper consideration: April 20, 2018
· Camera Ready Paper Submission and Authors Registration Deadline: April 30, 2018
· Conference Dates: May 24-26, 2018
Authors are expected to submit a well-formatted draft following a flagship template like IEEE.
Each paper must be submitted online: https://easychair.org/
Note: Please indicate in the header of your paper the following:
“IBM ICACON 2018 Student Paper”
A group of academics / professionals will serve as judge. Scoring points will be used to evaluate the merit, presentation skill, and technicality of the work.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive award certificates.
Topics of Interest
A range of topics relevant to cloud computing in education, government and research are of interest, including (but not limited to) the ones below.
Institutional Strategy and Organization Design for Cloud Computing
· Building the institution's future infrastructure on a cloud
· Management and organization design impacts by clouds
· Economic Models of, and Economic Development through, Cloud Computing
· Financial impact and benefits of cloud computing
· Roadmap for adoption, integration and transition to cloud computing
Data Management and Analytics on the Cloud
· Computing through cloud
· Business Intelligence for education and research purposes using cloud computing
· Analytics and predictive analytics in cloud environments
· Big Data in clouds
· Storage management and clouds
User Productivity with Cloud Computing
· Collaboration using cloud computing
· Enhancing accessibility through cloud services
· Workloads and Use Cases of cloud for education and research
Cloud Computing Implementation Strategies
· Data Center migration to cloud computing
· Energy Management Considerations
· Integration and workflow of cloud services
· Impact on IT Infrastructure Management with cloud computing
· IT Service and Relationship Management (Business and IT)
· Software development services with cloud computing
Research Computing in the Cloud
· High Performance Computing and cloud computing
· Research computing models using cloud computing
Pedagogical Impact of Cloud Computing
· Impact on learning and teaching with cloud computing
· Delivering educational resources via a cloud
· New and Innovative Pedagogical Approaches with cloud
· Service Sciences, Management and Engineering (SSME)