Dear All,

I am looking for a measure which compares ego networks of different size.
Here is the scenario postulated step by step:

1)  The egos rate their ties (social support) with their alters on a 0-6
scale.
2)  We are not interested to know the ties/strength of ties among alters.
3)  We then want to know the average strength of each egos' ties. Here is a
problem: So if one ego is connected to to 3 alters with valued ties of say
3, 4, 6 which sums up to 13 and 13/3= 4.333 is the average. Then there is
another ego connected to only one alter with a valued tie of 6 and then 6/1
is 6 which doesn't make sense.

How to resolve this problem? Do we have a measure to address this problem?

Regards

--

Dr. Kamal Badar
Assistant Professor (TTS)