Hello,

I have two specific how-to questions about doing LR-QAP in UCINET, and one more substantive q:

1. In the menu for LR-QAP, on the right side there’s a box that says Data are: Symmetric (undirected), Non-Symmetric (directed). I assume that it is possible to have an undirected dependent variable matrix, and have a mix of directed and undirected independent variable matrices. But to which matrix/matrices does that box asking about directed or undirected data refer?

2. One of my independent variable matrices is geographic distance between households, but I missed one household’s gps coords. It’s a 105 by 105 household matrix. I know LR-QAP is pretty forgiving, but what does UCINET need in terms of entering a value to indicate missing data for the LR-QAP? Or is it still best to impute some kind of distance, as I see advised for other procedures?

3. In that matrix of geographic distances, I can calculate simple Euclidean distance, or I could use something like the log of the Euclidean distance, as I’ve seen for an ERGM. Thoughts on what is better? Using a geographic relationship like this is new for me.

Thanks!

Stacey

Stacey A. Giroux

Assistant Research Scientist, Center for Survey Research and Ostrom Workshop

Adjunct, Department of Anthropology

Indiana University Bloomington

1900 E 10th St, Eigenmann 210-S, Bloomington, IN 47406

812-856-1904 (o) | [log in to unmask]