From: King, Sean [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2018 10:53 AM
To: Garvin, Mary E <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: ListServ Request
My company Wood is looking to hire a water resources engineer in our Gainesville office. Would you mind posting this job description on the Water Institute’s student listserv?
Tech Prof 2- Water Resources Engineer needed to join our dynamic team in Gainesville, FL.
Are you an Environmental, Civil or Agricultural Engineer who enjoys the technical aspects of water resources projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a worldwide company with an established team of professionals? We have an excellent career opportunity for an individual with technical skills. In this position you will assist with technical aspects of engineering design projects and task management.
• Engineer with a background in Environmental, Civil, or Agricultural Engineering needed with strong technical skills to help deliver quality products to customers in an expanding marketplace
• Conducts both field and office elements of projects
• Can conduct water quality, hydrologic, and groundwater models; develop water budgets; structural designs, specifically related to water resources design improvements
• Can prepare sediment and water monitoring plans
• Can design water improvement projects and develop construction bid documents and write technical submittals
• Must be able to prepare reports, models, designs, correspondence, calculations and recommendations
• Must be able to manage and lead tasks in a team environment
• Must be able to assist with proposal preparation
• Strong commitment to company's "Beyond Zero" safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
• Minimum BS Engineering with 3 to 5 years of experience required
• Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Test and be ready to sit for the Professional Engineering exam within 2 years
• Must have consulting experience
• Knowledge in water resources engineering, including environmental, water quality, modeling and construction bid packages
• Must be proficient in ACAD and Civil 3D
• Specific knowledge of the hydrology and water quality issues of Florida required
• Client relationships and project experience in FL required
• Experience with the following software a plus: ICPR, HEC and ArcGIS
• Proficiency in using the Suite of MS Office products
• Strong oral and written communication skills; proven ability to prepare reports and proposals
• Must be able to travel locally and out of area, as necessary. Majority of travel will be limited to trips within Florida
• The position is located in the Gainesville, FL office
• Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Interested applicants can contact Sean King at [log in to unmask].
Sean King, PhD, PE
Office: (352) 333-6604
Mobile: (352) 256-6667
[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">
This message is the property of John Wood Group PLC and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates and is intended only for the named recipient(s). Its contents (including any attachments) may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. Unauthorised use, copying, distribution or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. We assume no responsibility to persons other than the intended named recipient(s) and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions which are a result of email transmission. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email to the sender and confirm that the original message and any attachments and copies have been destroyed and deleted from your system.
If you do not wish to receive future unsolicited commercial electronic messages from us, please forward this email to: [log in to unmask] and include “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. If applicable, you will continue to receive invoices, project communications and similar factual, non-commercial electronic communications.
Please click http://www.woodplc.com/email-disclaimer for notices and company information in relation to emails originating in the UK, Italy or France.