Thanks for all your replies. Hier a list based on info from Tom Valente, Christina Press, George Barnett, Kate Eddens, Beatrice Garcia, Christine Sowa, Alicia Bargar, Johanna Jan, Britta Hoyer, Robert West, Ian McCulloh:

A) Data

- Degrassi: A Canadian teen drama television series set in the Degrassi universe [based on 16 year old]

- Manga: Drawing Manga, Anime [11]

- Harry Potter: Books and movies, watch movie and code it, e.g. which characters said spells and who the spell was directed towards [10]

- Disney: Networks of the Disney characters and their relations to one another.

- Oracle of bacon website

B) Methods

- Drawing personal networks: A big bulls eye and they had to plot everyone they knew on it, etc.

- Tinker Toys: Students construct small group networks.  The round pieces are the nodes and the sticks are the links. Having something concrete really works well with young students.

- Puzzle-solving game: Network analysis-themed escape room or Chamber of Secrets

- Pushpins and string

Best,

Jürgen