***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
This might be interesting for some of you or for your post-docs. Feel free to email me for the TUM contact people, etc.
The Centre Digitisation.Bavaria (German: Zentrum Digitalisierung.Bayern, short: ZD.B) provides the core element of the strategy BAYERN DIGITAL of the Bavarian government. The ZD.B is a platform for research, collaboration, and entrepreneurship focused on strengthening digital competences in Bavaria and on fostering collaborations between industry and research on key topics in this area.
The ZD.B. published a second call for ZD.B. Junior Research Groups on topics of digitisation. In scope of the programme are research endeavours on innovative ideas and concepts fostering the progress of relevant technical, industrial, or societal application fields of computer science with a particular focus on – but not limited to – health/medicine, mobility, and energy. Research going beyond the application of technologies and investigating the technological advancements and their impact is of special interest.
The funding includes a funding volume of up to 250.000 € per year for up to 5 years.
The group leaders can be first supervisors of their PhD students and can be engaged in teaching activities. Researchers furthermore need to fulfill the following conditions:
· Excellent PhD during the last four years (exception: child-raising periods)
· Excellent achievements in research and teaching
· Applicants must currently not be employed at TUM, ideally applicants should currently work abroad or outside of Bavaria
The applications are submitted by institutions, not be the applicants themselves. TUM can submit up to three applications. The deadline to hand in the application is July 1, 2018. The application process is coordinated by TUM ForTe (TUM Office for Research and Innovation). Researchers who are interested in applying need to contact TUM ForTe until June 5, 2018. Three projects will be selected by the TUM Board of Management by June 8, 2018.
Researchers who are interested in applying should get in touch with TUM ForTe and submit the following documents until June 5, 2018:
- motivation and objective of the project
- theoretical and practical relevance of the research Project
- planned national and international collaborations with other researchers and / or practitioners from academia and / or industry as well as the desired synergies with other activities in the context of ZD.B (e.g. resulting from the thematic platforms of the ZD.B)
The actual proposal includes a five-page project description and a letter of intent. For further information about the requirements and selection criteria, please the ZD.B. Website.
Professor of Computational Social Science & Big Data
Technical University of Munich / Bavarian School of Public Policy